Sendy is the platform that DxE uses to send mass emails. It is accessible at sendy.dxe.io and via Okta.
How people are added to mailing lists
There are several ways that people are added to mailing lists, including, but not limited to:
- Sign up form on the bottom of the DxE website
- Sign up form on the bottom of the ARC website
- Signing a petition
- Adding their email to the ADB
- Registering for an event on Eventbrite
Mailing list creation
Mailing lists can be created by any user of Sendy by uploading a CSV. The Tech team can create CSV reports using from our databases upon request.
Mailing list naming conventions
- Lists that automatically update should begin with an underscore. (TODO: add more info about how lists update via cron jobs)
- Lists that do not automatically update should begin with the date they were created in YYYY.MM.DD format.
Checking if someone is subscribed
Unsubscribing someone from a mailing list
The ideal way for someone to unsubscribe from a mailing list is to click the "Unsubscribe" link that is at the bottom of an email. This will unsubscribe them from all DxE lists.
How to upgrade Sendy
TODO: Explain how to upgrade Sendy and run our security mods script.
- Add github links to all related repos