How to create a new DxE email account
Instructions for creating a new DxE email account and setting it up as an alias for another gmail account.
You need admin permissions to create a DxE google user with an @directactioneverywhere.com.
- Go to admin.google.com/directactioneverywhere.com
- Click on 'users'
- Click on the plus button in the bottom right ("Add User") and add a user. Create them with a temporary password (they'll be prompted to change it after logging in).
- Email the following to the user's gmail (not their DxE email).
These are the instructions for setting up your new DxE email, XXX@directactioneverywhere.com.
Temporary Password: XXX
First, you need to log into https://admin.google.com/directactioneverywhere.com with the above credentials. It should prompt you to change your password. Change it to something secure.
Linking your DxE email to your gmail:
- Log onto your non-dxe gmail account
- Click the gear in the top right, and then click "settings".
- Click the Accounts tab at the top of the page.
- Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
- In the Email address field, enter your name and your DxE email address.
- Click Next Step >> and then click Send Verification. Gmail will send a verification message to your other email address to confirm that you own it.
- Locate the message from Gmail. Open it and and either click the link contained in the message or enter the confirmation code in the Accounts section of your Google Apps email settings.
Let me know when you've finished and I can help you test your new email.
- After they've set it up, test it by sending an email to their @directactioneverywhere.com email.